Backpacks are the storehouse of your portable world. Laptop, phone, accessories, water bottle, lunch box, sanitizer, tissue, wallet, key, some clothes, books, and anything that you need while on the move can be carried in backpacks for women that are sturdy, stylish, and sober. So, if someone asks you - what are backpacks? Your instant answer should - something important that you need while going to the office, trips, and trekking. The backpacks for women have crossed their utilitarian functionalities and are essentially fashionable these days. You don’t have to compromise on your personal style while carrying a lot of stuff commuting or traveling. Comfortable handles, vegan leather, and affordability make the backpacks one step higher likable because it doesn’t give you backache or shoulder pain, are easy to maintain, cruelty-free, and never hurt your pockets while you buy plenty of these (Wink!).
What are Backpacks? Why are Backpacks essential? Are Backpacks & Rucksacks the same or different?
Backpacks are lightweight, simple, handy bags ideal for daily use. They are perfect for carrying books or clothes, or electronic devices. Backpacks are convenient for traveling or short trips or hiking, or trekking. Due to its comfort, even it is popular among school and college students. However, many people even prefer to carry it to their work. The backpacks are designed in a way that they present maximum functionality at stunning design and affordable rates. The backpacks at times are available with additional padded carrying handles; thus, using them becomes easy.
Next, let us move on to the question - what is a rucksack? A rucksack is a large, rugged backpack. The word is derived from the German word ‘der rücken’, which implies the back. A rucksack is used for camping, hiking, or any similar activity. They have pockets and belts used for holding heavy loads. Rucksacks also have hip belts and chest belts used to carry bulky items.
They carry electronics to the office or books to school or can be used for camping and hiking purposes. There is incredible difficulty pinpointing a specific difference between the two, and thus they are used interchangeably. Rucksacks are mainly used for carrying heavy-weight goods and made with sturdy materials, whereas backpacks are primarily versatile. However, rucksacks are large and durable bags apt for heavy loads, and backpacks are used for carrying daily portable items, and much more.
If you ask - what are the types of rucksacks? There are four main rucksacks - alpine, bushwalking, travel, and hybrid. Alpine packs are used for snowline. Bushwalking is used for carrying heavy loads like stoves, sleeping kits, or caboodles. The journey is meant to add comfort for the travelers as it has larger openings for easy access to stuff. Hybrid adds the comfort of a bushwalking pack and extras of a travel pack. Thus, it has the best of two worlds. Travel packs add convenience, comfort, and confidence while traveling.
Different Types of Backpacks
There are different types of backpacks. Mainly all the backpacks are used to carry stuff. However, a variety of backpacks are used as per the requirement or the purpose for which they are made. Here is a list of different types of backpacks.
- Day Pack - What is a day pack? It is a common question for many. A day pack is a relatively small type and is meant for regular day-to-day activities for a day. The option has small pockets to carry all stuff of daily needs.
- Overnight Backpack - These backpacks are different from traveling backpacks but are large enough to carry personal essentials and clothes for an overnight trip.
- Hiking or Trekking Backpack - A full day of hiking requires plenty of space. Therefore, this kind of backpack needs to be amply-sized with various compartments and a hip belt.
- Climbing Backpack - Backpack material types used in this category are significant. It has to hold big stuff like rope, harness, rack, and shoes, and it will endure contact with rough surfaces. Therefore, it needs to be solid and stylish along with being long-lasting.
- Cycling Backpack - Your actual friend is backpacking if you are commuting by bike. They take the load off your hands or sides of the cycle. Thus, cycling/biking becomes easier. Also, getting off or on the bike or the chances of misplacing stuff is reduced.
- Snowsports Backpack - This backpack category can carry the skis or the snowboard. The pack fits you closely, and you can easily carry on with the activity without getting disturbed.
- Work Backpack - This backpack has a compartment to carry your laptop and essentials in different compartments and zippers, thus making it the perfect choice for the workplace.
Benefits of Backpacks
Backpacks have become an important accessory for humans. They were in use in many of the ancient civilizations. Records show that the gears were used in ancient Egyptian, Chinese, Mayan, and many more cultures. They stood the test of time because of the multiple benefits that they offer. The most important use of backpacks is that they are practical and comfortable to carry stuff yet remain hands-free. Some of the essential benefits that they present are as follows:
- Super Organized - A good quality backpack has multiple pockets, and thus, one can arrange things at their convenience. Needless to explain, the benefits of having a well-organized bag can enhance the comfort in your life. Pockets with good-quality zippers keep the belongings safe, and in case if you need to use a lock and key, it has that option too. The small stuff is placed in small compartments as placing them in large pockets can misplace them. Also, placing tiny and important accessories in pockets having quick accessibility will add to your comfort. Select a backpack with separate rooms and pockets as it will give extra safety to the electronic devices.
If you are heading for the office with a laptop, place your gadget in one compartment and put your lunch box in a different compartment. Thus, the two remain separated, and thereby the gadget is not harmed.
- Comfortable - The most important reason for using a backpack is that they are comfortable and help carry things around with utmost ease. Carry most of the stuff in your backpack, and your hands are free to move around. Thus, when traveling or commuting to school or the workplace, the backpacks are of great use. If you are running late and need to catch a bus, your hands are free, and you can call for the bus without dropping anything on the road.
- Carry Belongings Safely - The backpacks have ample padding and if you desire to use backpacks for electronics, then opt for the version that has an additional cushion to assure extra safety. Traditional briefcases or shoulder bags lack this safety aspect and can cause damage to the stuff kept in them. Importantly, even in the lousy season, they can provide the required safety. The water-resistant inner lining is an added advantage.
- Apt For Your Back - Carrying heavy loads on your back without perfect cushioning can lead to back pain or strain. The weight is not divided equally between the straps to cause further pain. A well-designed, good-quality backpack distributes the weight, and thus it helps to carry the load without causing any harm to the muscles or spine.
- It's In Trend - Backpacks are a new craze with an old comfort. The market is flooded with stylish options of comfortable and fashionable backpacks. One can find the backpack as per their need. If you are a student, opt for backpacks meant to carry books. If you are trekking, opt for a backpack intended for the purpose and some motives or quotes stating the mission and has a place to store rope, torch, some food items, and comfortable clothing. If you are on a scooter, take a backpack and drive safely. Thus, with immense style, you can move ahead in your expedition.
How Backpacks are Functional & Fashionable at the same time
The immense popularity of backpacks for women has resulted in the manufacture of a variety of backpacks that are as per the fashion requirements. However, despite being stylish, they continue to be functional. The manufacturers make it a point to see that they produce backpacks that are comfortable to use and add the element of convenience in the users' lives.
With time, the common folk and office or school goers observed the benefits of backpacks. This led to a revolution in the manufacture of backpacks. As per the genre requirements, they were made in masses and with classes but without compromising on their quality. It became a bag for all reasons and seasons in all true senses. People in business abandoned their briefcases and opted for backpacks. For the reason that it looked good and also served the purpose of holding laptop and papers in a very organized manner. Fashion and comfort with utility and eco-friendliness is the target that leads to innovation and the product staying in demand for centuries. Thus, it is only fair to admit that backpacks are both functional and fashionable in all true senses.
You can be a lazy backpacker, hard-working professional, busy college go-er, budding travel vlogger, or anyone who needs to carry their portable world around, backpacks for women are your true friends.
How to pick the Right Backpack for your requirement
Backpacks are incredibly stylish and versatile; thus, they are both for traveling or daily use. Thus, it is not that you should or could settle with one backpack. Owing to different requirements, you need to have multiple backpacks. One must note that all types of backpacks are of use and add comfort to life, yet if used for the wrong purpose, they could add problems rather than solve them.
Keep in mind the below points while selecting your backpack -
A quick guide to the Backpacks
Keep calm and backpack the world! As you browse through the backpacks, don't forget to check our exclusive guide on the different types of ladies bags that you should definitely own!